cook that night for dinner. And she suggested I try turkey patties she makes
for her family. It is hit in her house, so I thought why not try as well, just with the chicken instead?
to a chopping board and cut into small pieces. Transfer to a medium size bowl.
to the chicken. After that add 2 tablespoons of mayo; season with salt and pepper, and mix all until combined. Cover the bowl with cling film and put it into the fridge for an hour.
a generous amount of chicken mix and add to the hot pan, shaping a round patty. Repeat with the rest of the chicken mix. You may need to fry them in batches. Fry until golden on both sides and cooked through inside.
Chicken Fillet Patties
- frying pan
- 3 large chicken fillets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 2-3 tbs coriander finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2-3 tbs mayo
- 1 egg beaten
- 3-4 tbs all-purpose flour
- salt, and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Wash and pat dry chicken fillets. Then chop them into small cubes and transfer the chicken fillet to a medium bowl.
- Finley chop one onion and grate one carrot. Transfer to the bowl with cubed chicken.
- Wash and then chop the coriander, and add it to the bowl with chicken.
- To the chicken add minced garlic and mayo, season with salt and pepper; stir well and transfer to the fridge for an hour.
- Over medium heat place a non-stick frying pan, and add oil.
- To the chicken add egg and flour, and mix all until combined.
- With a spoon (soup spoon), scoop a generous amount of chicken mix and put it into the pan, shaping a round patty. Repeat with the rest of the mix. You may need to fry them in batches. Fry until golden from both sides and cooked through inside.
Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a rut by cooking the same thing over and over?
If yes, where do you get your inspiration? I would love to hear from you! Hungry for more? Follow me on Twitter, Instagram , Facebook
and Pinterest for the latest updates.